So I’m going to take a stab at the pantry challenge for January. We’ve actually been eating mainly from the pantry and freezer for all of December, so I don’t have much of a stockpile, but I do really want to work through what we have and also put together a donation for a local food pantry.
- Keep grocery spending under $25 a week for the month of January. This will be mostly produce and dairy.
- Clean out the freezer in preparation for defrosting and a thorough cleaning at the end of the month.
- Work through pantry to avoid having food expire.
- Inventory freezer, fridge, cupboards.
- Gather and deliver food pantry donation.
- Grocery budget money will go towards supplies for the garden. I want to add another raised bed and we also need to purchase another truckload of mulch/compost as well as plants and seeds.