Remember this little book?
3-5 coffee sleeves
sheet of felt (i used the embossed kind, but any kind will work)
1 sheet of Christmas paper or various coordinating scraps
stickers and coordinating embellishments
ribbon (about a foot and a half)
2 1-inch binder rings
crop-a-dile or hole punch
eyelets and eyelet setter
felt or ribbon glue
paper punch and large needle
1. Cut one coffee sleeve along right hand perforated edge for cover of book
2. trace shape on felt, cut out, and adhere to cover using felt or ribbon glue
3. use crop-a-dile or large hole punch to punch a hole on either side of the center line of the cover
4. set large eyelets in holes through both the felt and the cardboard sleeve
5. using paper punch, punch holes all along top and bottom edges of cover. then use needle and embroidery floss to stich around the edges.
6. glue ribbon to front of cover, being sure to leave enough ribbon on each side to tie a bow.
7. trim edges of inside pages to fit (you can either cut the sleeves apart for this or leave them intact to make “pockets” that you can slip tags into–i cut mine apart)
8. use the holes in the cover as guides and mark the holes on the inside pages. then punch holes on the inside pages.
9. embellish as desired (I covered some of the pages with paper and left some alone, because I like the corrugated cardboard look. I also added 2.5″x2.5″ mats for photos to add later.)
10. when finished, insert binder rings through eyelets and holes in all the pages to bind. then tie the bow.
Here are some pictures of the inside of the finished original book: