We’re really sick at our house.  I’m very happy with how the layout came out, but really wish I had been feeling better to d a better job on the other projects.   We were showcasing vellum (NOT my favorite thing!), tags, and ink.

 Here’s the layout:

Looking through all of my parents wedding photos, none spoke to me as much as this one of my mom and her little cousin, the flower girl. You can just see on the flower girl’s face the “someday that will be me” look. 🙂
Vellum: I’m not crazy about the look of vellum on a layout, so I tried to come up with something really different here. I punched out circles of pale green vellum and brushed them with water to soften them. Then crumpled them up, spread them out, and brushed with white staz-on ink to emphasize the crinkled look. After they dried I arranged them, poked holes through them and pushed larger white vellum crumpled circles through to form the centers of the flowers. Pinned them on the back to hold and lightly brushed an umber versacolor inkpad over the edges and tops of the flowers to give them an antique look. Accented the centers with frosted lace Stickles.
Tags: Two tags of Basic Grey paper–one from the die-cut sheet that comes with the paper collection, one I made myself–hold the title.
Ink: Everything is inked on the edges–Versacolor umber and Shadow gold ink on the tan cardstock; Sage on the Cosmo Cricket piece; Umber on the Basic Grey; Walnut Stain Distressink on the tags; Umber ink and white staz-on ink on the vellum flowers

Supplies: SnS lace; light green and white vellum; Cosmo and Basic Grey papers; frosted lace stickles; BG tags and letters; vintage and Dill buttons; lost of inking

Here’s the Card:

Vellum: I handcut tiny circles of white vellum and attached them with staples for a kind of funky card.
Tag: I made my own tag from a die-cut circle, punched circles of flocked wrapping paper, and ribbons and staples.
Ink: All edges of papers (except the flocked wrapping paper) are edged in ink–LapizLazuli on the background, Walnut Stain on the orange; and staz-on white lightly brushed around the outside of the die-cut

Supplies: MME papers and die cut; flocked wrapping paper-Target; staples; white vellum; lapiz, walnut stain, and white ink.

This time of year I find myself trying to find all those addresses I never need during the year. So I threw together this little address book for myself.
Started with a tiny composition book and covered it with paper, vellum, tags, and ribbon.
Vellum: Layer of clear vellum over patterned paper. I stamped it with black staz-on ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. All edges are inked with black dye ink, as well.

Tags: Made a Christmas tag from a 7Gypsies sticker, cardstock, ink, and ribbon. Also made a “tag” type bookmark from the same materials (shown sticking from top of book)

Ink: black staz-on for heat embossing on vellum, black dye ink on patterned paper, tag, bookmark, and edges of vellum

Supplies:  SnS ricrac, ribbon, and trim; 7gypsies stickers; Darice rhinestones; staz-on black ink, dye ink; American Crafts paper; small composition book; heat embossing powder; SU stamp

Advertisements