Archive for September, 2007
Today is all about finishing cookies for the party and getting a little rest. (Didn’t get to sleep till around 7:00 AM–ugh)
Spent about 3 hours on the phone this morning.
Looking kinda doubtful that I’ll make it to my family’s Thanksgiving this year, but I may be going to IN for a couple weeks in February. We’ll see.
…is kind of a pain.
- I need to repaint Autumn’s room because it is becoming the office. Kills me because we spent WEEKS painstakingly measuring out the stripes and taping stuff off to paint it in it’s current stripes.
- I need to paint our current room because the walls are dirty and nasty and Autumn’s going to be moving in there.
- I need to paint the kitchen because most of the walls are covered in ugly peel and stick contact paper. (Yes, I’m serious.) And the rest are a very ugly shade of green flat paint.
- I need to paint the 1/2 bath because the color is awful and again old flat paint that can’t be washed, which is a real pain in the bathroom.
- I will soon need to paint our new room (assuming the remodel starts on time)
- I need to paint the office/craft room/guest room just because.
And what have I gotten done? The kitchen ceiling. That’s it. But it looks a lot better creamy off white than it did ugly green. 🙂
Matt and I think this is really funny.
It’s how Autumn says “wake up.” Matt will pretend to be asleep and she’ll say “Daddy night-night” or “Daddy nap” then she jumps on him and says “Daddy, beep up! Daddy, beep up!!!” until he wakes up. 🙂
…making cookies with Autumn
…resurrecting my favorite Starbucks water bottle–I drink a lot more water that way 🙂
…new teal lamps from Pier One http://www.pier1.com/TopMenu/ExploreMerch/FeaturedProducts/Lamps/tabid/205/Default.aspx
…messing with paint, paper, and glue
…or what my idea of a cute girly birthday party has now turned into.
Autumn is OBSESSED with trains. Everything is a train–several books laid out in a line on the floor, ribbon spools stacked one on top of another, packages of diaper wipes, food on her highchair tray. Seriously. Everything.
And she NEVER stops talking about trains.
And so, my idea of a girly party has turned into Thomas decorations and Thomas toys. And trains and Thomas videos for presents.